Colina, São Paulo
Location in São Paulo state
|• Mayor||Dieb Taha (PSDB)|
|• Total||422 km2 (163 sq mi)|
|Elevation||595 m (1,952 ft)|
|• Density||43/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-03:00 (BRT)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-02:00 (BRST)|
Colina is a municipality in the state of São Paulo in Brazil. The population is 18,245 (2015 est.) in an area of 422 km². The elevation is 595 m. Colina is the Horse Capital of Brazil. It is also the large centre of a horse ranch, the Estação Experimental de Zootecnia. In July, there is a party called Festa do Cavalo. Many Lebanese immigrants live in Colina.
Born in Colina
- Augusto Cury, (1958) MD and writer.
- (in Portuguese) Municipality of Colina
- (in Portuguese) Colina's History
- (in Portuguese) Colina's view from the space
- Colina's Lebanese Genealogical Tree
|This geographical article relating to the state of São Paulo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|